One of the items on the stirrer agenda is give as wide a coverage as possible to LGBTI news and events from overseas. G.A.Y. Aussies tend to live in quite a parochial little bubble, with little interest in what happens outside our borders. Hell, most Melbourne queens aren’t much interested in anything that happens off Melways red pages!
We believe that Australian queers are part of a global movement: we can learn from the wins we have in Europe and the USA that so inspire us; the horrors inflicted on our brothers and sisters in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East bring home to us that we have responsibilities beyond our borders.
Help us out by spreading the word about W3JOY to help with our mission of spreading under-publicised LGBT stories–successes and challenges.
- Like us on Facebook: W3JOY
- Follow us on Twitter: W3JOY
- Subscribe to our Blog: W3JOY
- Listen to our Soundcloud: W3JOY
- Listen live on Joy 94.9 & online & smartphone – currently Monday 8pm (check the program grid)
- Comment on your country’s page on our website – we are striving for accurate, up-to-date information
- Link to us on your webpage.
- Send photographs of LGBT activism from around the world.
- Share stories that are of interest to you and your followers.
We are a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation. We’ve interviewed people from nearly 50 different countries (so that’s just 20 friends each!), and we are working hard to share their stories. Help us get the global LGBT story out to a wider audience.
And keep checking back on the page as we grow!
Thank you again!
Tom, Matt and Squirrel
World Wide Wave
A sample of W3JOY: