An interesting chain email came my way: I discovered its essentially anonymous (it had what appeared to be an author name at the foot, but they have since disowned it ).
Aged Voters Revolt
Just to be clear it is the politicians, not Canberra.
It costs the Australian taxpayers $40 million annually to support ex-politicians – with a case now before the court to increase their entitlements. As a self funded retiree, I’m frustrated with Canberra’s continuous fiddle with Superannuation contributions and rule changes.
Plus the measure to Re-balance the Pension Assets Test is to be implemented on 1st January 2018.
So here’s fair warning to all politicians of any persuasion, this group of aged voters may be about to make the greatest impact on any Federal election in history,ignoring them may be the start of a changed political environment in this country.
Change the Entitlements
I absolutely agree, if our pension isn’t an entitlement, neither is theirs. They keep telling us that paying us an aged pension isn’t sustainable. Paying politicians all the perks they get is even less sustainable! The politicians themselves, in Canberra, brought it up, that the Age of Entitlements is over:
The author is asking everyone to forward this to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In 3 days, most people in Australia will have this message.
This is one idea that really should be passed around because the rot has to stop somewhere.
Proposals to make politicians shoulder their share of the weight now that the Age of Entitlement is over:
- Scrap political pensions. Politicians can purchase their own retirement plan, just as most other working Australians are expected to do.
- Retired politicians (past, present & future) participate in Centrelink. A Politician collects a substantial salary while in office but should receive no salary when they’re out of office.
- Terminated politicians under 70 can go get a job or apply for Centrelink unemployment benefits like ordinary Australians. Terminated politicians over 70 can negotiate with Centrelink like the rest of the Australian people.
- Funds already allocated to the Politicians’ retirement fund be returned immediately to Consolidated Revenue. This money is to be used to pay down debt they created which they expect us and our grandchildren to repay for them.
- Politicians will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Politicians pay will rise by the lower of, either the CPI or 3%.
- Politicians lose their privileged health care system and participate in the same health care system as ordinary Australian people. i.e. Politicians either pay for private cover from their own funds or accept ordinary Medicare.
- Politicians must equally abide by all laws they impose on the Australian people.
- All contracts with past and present Politicians men/women are void effective 31/12/17. The Australian people did not agree to provide perks to Politicians, that burden was thrust upon them.
Politics Should Not Be A Career
Politicians devised all these contracts to benefit themselves.
Serving in Parliament is an honour, not a career.
The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our politicians should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
Don’t you think it’s time?
Please pass this message around if you can. Australia needs our help.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX Parliament and help bring fairness back into this country!